Sometimes one of the most difficult problems people face is actually putting aside the time to work. People often attempt to multi-task multiple projects at one time while simultaneously juggling email, Twitter, etc. Frankly, it’s an incredibly ineffective method in which to conduct your work.
I’ve long preferred a system of time management known as the Pomodoro Technique.
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Welcome Freshly Pressed readers! If you enjoyed this post, and want more tips on personal/professional development,with the occasional bout of legal information /case law (can’t help it, I’m a lawyer), please subscribe to my blog via RSS or email. And don’t forget to follow me on Twitter and “Like” Associate’s Mind on Facebook!